Physical Conditions Leading To Knee Joint Pain
As we humans start to grow old we start facing many health-related problems. I remember when I was a kid and I was growing up, my grandparents would often complain of knee pains and the fact that they cannot walk properly. I remember my parents being worried for them. Pain in the knees can make climbing, taking stairs or walking up an incline very difficult. These knee related problems can be avoided by doing some regular exercises as you start to age so that later it doesn’t create so much of difficulties. So yes, today’s topic of the article is related to knee pains and how to avoid it and some doctor recommendations.
Some of the best knee surgeons in India list the following physical conditions or diseases as reasons for the pain faced by people in their old age:
- Osteoarthritis- pain and inflammation caused by degeneration and deterioration of the joint.
- Tendinitis- pain in front of the knee made worse when climbing up an incline.
- Bursitis- inflammation caused by repeated overuse or injury of the knee.
- Chondromalacia patella- damaged cartilage under knee cap.
- Gout- arthritis caused by build-up of uric acid.
- Baker’s cyst- a build up of synovial fluid (fluid that lubricates the joint) behind the knee.
- Rheumatoid arthritis (RA)- a chronic autoimmune inflammatory disorder that causes painful swelling and eventually cause joint deformity and bone erosion.
- Dislocation- dislocation of the kneecap most often is the result of trauma.
- Meniscus tear- a rupture in one or more of the cartilage in the knee.
- Torn ligament- tear in one of the four major ligaments in the knee.
- Bone tumours- most commonly occurs in the knees.
Now that we know the symptoms and diseases that affect our knees let us talk about the knee replacement procedure and its need. While the surgery cost of knee replacements may differ in each hospital, the average cost that a patient spends on it is ranges from about 75,000 to 1,00,000. Some of the best knee replacement doctors in India say that following could be the symptoms when one must go for a knee replacement:
- Severe knee pain that limits everyday activities
- Long lasting knee inflammation and swelling and it doesn’t get better with rest or medicines
- A bowing in or out of your leg
- Knee stiffness
- No pain relief from NSAIDs or can’t tolerate them
So, now you know all about the symptoms when you should go for a knee replacement also the physical conditions faced when you have a troubled knee. But before your condition becomes that bad that you need to go for a surgery, why not do a few exercises so that you could avoid this crisis in future? Simple exercises for knee pain will do wonders for you. One could try wall squats, calf raises, step-ups, side leg raises, leg presses etc. So I hope this article has all you needed to know about knee surgery and diseases related to the knees.