New Home Design Plans – What to Include and What not to?
Thinking about new home design plans is exciting. Trying to form ideas on paper can leave you a bit muddled about where to start first. It is really important early on to know what you want your new home design plans to consist of, as once the actual building starts it’s not as easy to simply delete a feature you’ve changed your mind about.
For those of us who prefer to know at least what the shell of our future dwelling will look like, there are many construction companies available with a wide range of new house and land packages to select from. Also ask about showhomes you can walk through to really get a feel of the space available. A reputable construction company will let you alter these existing house designs to suit your personal preference and lifestyle.
To get you started on forming your new home design plans browse over the following checklist and make notes of what you would like your future dwelling to include.
When planning the exterior of your home you will want to focus on architectural attributes that add character and match the style of residence you are building. Think about these exterior house features:
– bricks / wood materials
– patios and decks (can connect the internal living areas such as having access off each bedroom)
– roofing, spouting and joinery
– garaging (internal access)
– porch or overhang at front entrance (offering shelter and shade)
– windows / doors (styles and colors)
– storage shed(s)
There are so many options available today when designing the layout of your internal house space. You can have open plan living, separate dining and lounge areas, family rooms, games rooms and home theatre entertainment rooms with professional surround sound systems. You will know the atmosphere you wish to create in terms of aesthetics and functionality; you may want to build a contemporary residence with lavish features, or a family home that will stand the test of time and comfortably house all family members. Think about these interior house features:
– carpets: color and texture
– flooring: tiles, wood, carpet
– window / door hardware
– kitchen: gas top / electric ovens, sinks, countertops, cabinets, waste bins, lighting
– bathroom: shower, spa bath, basins, mirrors, fittings, lighting
– bedrooms / living areas: lighting, storage
– decorative: wallpaper / paint colors & shades / vanishes, blinds, curtains
– heat pumps / ventilation
– underfloor heating and cabling for the home theatre system
This is by no means an exhaustive list, yet a good place to start none the less. Happy house design planning.