5 Major Stages of Recovery from Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation
Fat transfer breast augmentation is the latest and most innovative way of reshaping your breasts as well as removing unwanted fat from the remaining parts of your body and thus getting a more pleasant appearance. If you want to get awareness about fat transfer breast augmentation, go over this website https://mymigraineadvisor.com/.
Image Courtesy: chelseacosmeticsmelbourne.com.au
One more benefit of this procedure is that there is minimal recovery time as compared to other types of breast augmentation procedures because incisions involved are very small.
1. The Day Of and Day After the Procedure
The fat transfer breast augmentation is generally performed on an outpatient basis and under a general anaesthesia. Thus the patient can go home the same day.
Expect some level of soreness in the breasts and areas where liposuction was performed.
Rest for a couple of days is always best; however, you don’t need to stay away from all activities. Most patients are fine to start a moderate amount of activity the next day.
2. Initial Weeks
Since the incisions involved in the procedure are very small, there is less discomfort than with most other cosmetic procedures.
Mild over-the-counter or prescription pain-killers are usually sufficient to reduce any pain.
There may be some swelling and bruising in breasts and slight bruising in areas treated with liposuction.
Bruising in areas treated with liposuction will generally last only for a few days, whereas that on the breasts will take a couple of weeks to subside.
Here a few useful tips for a healthy and speedy recovery after fat transfer to breasts by Chelsea Cosmetics Melbourne for example:
- You can start moderate amount of activities the day after the surgery, but avoid strenuous exercises, such as sports activities and heavy lifting.
- Most people can resume work within a week. If your job involves strenuous activities, you’ll need a little longer to resume it.
- Cardiovascular training can be started at three weeks.
- Yoga and weight training can be started at six weeks.
- Take the prescribed medications as directed.
- Never sleep on your stomach for the initial four weeks after the procedure.
- Constrictive bras should be avoided for many initial weeks. A sports bra is right for offering support without being excessively confining.
- You may have to wear compression garments for many weeks depending on the level of liposuction performed.
- If your incisions are infected and pain doesn’t subside by the prescribed medication or a high fever (more than 100.4 degrees) is developed or you have dizziness, shortness of breath, chest pain, double or blurred vision, confusion, fatigue or leg swelling, you should immediately call your surgeon.
Image Courtesy: drvallecillos.com
3. Follow-up Visit in the First Week
During your follow-up visit in the first week, your surgeon will check the results of the procedure and make sure there is a normal healing of your breasts.
Although there are no large incisions to heal, some major changes will go on beneath your breast skin since the fat implanted is still “settling down” in its new place.
There will be swelling in breasts but changes brought by the procedure should be clearly seen. Also when you remove compression garments for this visit, you can see the results of your liposuction too.
Don’t worry, if your breasts look larger that you’d imagined. They look so because of the swelling arisen from the fat transfer and will reduce over the next few month.
Swelling may also make breasts feel very firm. You may find this uncomfortable but it’s normal at this stage of recovery.
The discomfort and swelling can be eased out by a gentle massage.
4. After Three to Six Months
By three to six months after the surgery, most swelling in the breasts is gone and breasts feel much more normal in terms of comfort and firmness.
From this stage onwards, your breasts will have a great look and won’t change their size and shape much.
5. After One Year
After one year, your breasts will have their final shape. One of the major benefits of this procedure is that the results will be permanent
So, get this procedure or upper eyelid surgery Melbourne from Chelsea Cosmetics Melbourne and you can enjoy great looks for your entire life!